This post might contain affiliate links, read more here.
If you love the outdoors, you may notice that it is inevitable to learn how to live without many of the luxuries you usually enjoy. These would include air conditioning, a comfy bed, and television, among others.
Although the water heater was among the luxuries that people used to live without when spending time outdoors, it has changed when portable water heaters were invented. In fact, using the best portable water heater can make the outdoors even more comfortable.
Of course, if you want to learn more about the best portable electric water heaters you can buy, feel free to read the in-depth review of the top products in the market today.
1. Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
When it comes to portability, you can count on the ES4 Tronic 3000 Electric Water Heater from Bosch. With the company’s reputation in the water heater industry, you can have access to heated water whenever you need it.
This mini tank is also able to save a lot of space because of its compact and lightweight design. Surely, it can work independently or in conjunction with the water heating system in your home.
This is also quite suitable for campers and hikers because of its truly portable water heater. After all, it can effectively reduce the amount of time that you have to wait for hot water to start flowing.
Likewise, it guarantees optimum energy efficiency as the manufacturer has built the system with thick foam insulation. Moreover, it is built with a tank made with premium glass-line material for total durability.
At the same time, the components of the system are under a 2-year limited warranty. This means that the manufacturer is confident enough about the product.
Its design is also attractive and sleek as it can easily blend in with any type of home or RV. For people with small spaces, it can easily suit the needs of small kitchens.
At the same time, the price is very affordable, which makes the product even more appealing.
- This product is small and compact
- It does not operate on propane cylinders
- Provides optimum durability with its glass-lined tank
- The design is quite versatile
- It offers fast recovery rate so it eliminates the long wait for hot water
- It is also quite affordable
- It runs on electricity, so it is advisable to use indoors
- A lot of users have reported some unit leaks sometimes
2. Stiebel Eltron Tempra 20 Plus Electric Tankless Water Heater
The Stiebel Eltron Tempra series of electric tankless water heater is another developed version of the original. It has a digital temperature display and can provide constant water temperature due to its Advanced Flow Control.
Other items in the Stiebel Eltron Tempra series differ in the required voltage only. Here are the top features that you can enjoy with this product.
Low working noise – In terms of operating noise, you can hardly hear any at all because it has been designed to work this way. At the same time, it has a stylish compact design that should be perfect for outdoor or indoor use.
Endless hot water – When you use hot water for a while, you will soon run out of heated hot water. You can forget about all that with the instant outdoor electric heater because you can never run out of hot water, while it heats water fast.
Advanced flow control – This new technology will enable you to maintain the temperature of water in your water heating system. Moreover, it will give you a steady supply of hot water for bathing and washing.
- It saves around 15-20% on your electric bills
- It allows full power modulation
- Features an auto modulation technology
- This is capable of providing around 5 gallons of water per minute with a high flow rate
- It has a reliable cover and high-level electronic parts
- It supports one or two kitchen faucets at a time
- A technologically advanced electric water heater
- It maximizes energy savings and eliminates wasted water
- It has advanced flow control modules built in to automatically regulate water pressure
- This unit is difficult to install and needs 240v of power and heavy-duty wiring
3. EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater
In 2020, the best outdoor electric tankless water heaters on the market include the EcoSmart Eco series. These products were among the hot-selling lists for quite a long time.
The EcoSmart ECO 27 can be installed either indoors or outdoors. However, it is good to note that when your installation is near, your water heats up faster.
140 degrees Fahrenheit temperature – You can use this unit in the U.S. because water temperature from the pipe reaches as low as 37 degrees Fahrenheit. You can heat around 3 gallons of water per minute with this product given the low temperature like this.
Multiple points of use – It can handle up to six gallons of water per minute. The company has even claimed it can run four showers and one kitchen sink at once without running out of hot water.
Cost saver – This unit is capable of saving around 50% of the cost of water heating. At the same time, it can help you save a lot of space due to its small design.
Advanced self-modulating technology – This enables you to smartly control water temperature.
- The temperature control is digital
- Its components are copper and stainless steel
- This product is well-made and its heating elements are quite easy to replace
- You can save 12 cubic feet of space after installation
- You can save around 50% of the water heating cost
- The self-modulating technology will give you peace of mind by ensuring that the heater will draw energy only when using it
- You may not be able to set the temperature right just as the company promised
- Servicing of the product is unsatisfactory
4. SIO Green IR260 Electric Tankless Water Heater
No corrosion feature – This product has patented technology that ensures your outdoor tankless water heater will get no direct contact with metals.
This electric water heater will prevent calcium buildup, corrosion, and limescale deposit. So with its no corrosion feature, you will require less or no maintenance over time.
4 power Levels – It features 4 adjustable power levels, so you can pick the one that suits the needs of your family. You can also adjust the temperature of the water quite easily.
Infrared heating design – This type of technology will use its infrared features to heat water only when needed. The fast water heating time will enable you to enjoy hot water constantly and any time you want.
- Quick and easy to install
- No corrosion, scaling, and coils
- Easy to adjust the temperature
- Offers a stylish and compact design
- Provides 4 manual power levels
- Great to be utilized as a point of use but not a whole house type
- Provides a mini hot water heating system for bathroom, hair salon, or kitchen.
- Offers a mini elegant appearance with a practical and fashionable design.
- Enables you to have magnetized, instant hot water within just 3-5 seconds without having to wait longer.
- It provides constant temperature and will maintain the most comfortable water temperature for you.
- Its energy-efficient features will save on electric bills, eliminate radiation, avoid pollution, and no exhaust gas.
- Provides advanced safety protection against overheating and dry heating, electric leakage, and offers auto checking for malfunction
You can install this mini electric instant water heater horizontally, obliquely, reversely, or vertically in your bathroom or kitchen for hot water supply anytime.
The electricity leakage protector will ensure safety thermal cut-off and dry heating protection that will make it work safely for your family. Most of all, it is so compact and lightweight to save space for your home kitchen or bathroom.
You can use this product any time when you need to wash your hands, clothes, dishes or anything that require a hot water supply. Simply turn it on in order to enjoy hot water to your heart’s desire.
- Provides constant power and temperature function through the mini size water heater with 3 power levels and 10 power settings each level
- Enables very low water pressure during start-up with microcomputer memory
- Offers a digital LCD temperature display with touch control in one-degree increments to allow control of hot water
- Runs only on 240V power so you need to request a breaker with 30A and standard pipe section G1/2” water connection
When it comes to tankless portable electric water heaters, the Ecotouch Eco90 is one of the limited choices with smart modulation heating. It simply provides instant and endless hot water with optimal thermal efficiency of 99.8% with minimum energy cost.
This product has multiple safety protection features. Such would include protection against overheating, dry heating, and leakages. It also has separate electricity and water line.
- Instant and sufficient hot water supply
- Smart self-modulation
- Upgraded heating system
- Safe and durable
- Convenient for use
Innovative, Optimized, Energy-Saving
Ecotouch offers 20 years of rich experience in the appliance industry. The brand itself is associated with advanced technology, reliability, quality craftsmanship, and attractive features design.
This technology also offers a brand new lifestyle of being easy, enthusiastic, and efficient.
Endless Hot Water for Families
The product is designed with a sleek appearance and sturdy structure. This makes it a perfect solution for bathroom sinks, dishwashers and washing machines, and kitchens.
Multipurpose On-Demand Electric Water Heater
- Easy installation process
- Energy-saving and smart modulation
- Endless supply of hot water
Tips for Maintaining Your Portable Electric Water Heater
It is good to note that portable water heaters are quite durable. However, it can also be very fragile when not maintained properly.
Here are some of the important tips that you can use to maintain your portable electric water heater.
a) Reduce the temperature setting
You may notice that most water heaters are set above 130 degrees Fahrenheit. So experts often recommend users to it just around 115-120 degrees.
So with a lower setting, you are guaranteed that your unit will seldom get overheated. That said, you can save around 5% of your electric bills.
b) Examine the temperature and pressure relief valve
There is a built-in temperature and pressure relief valve into the water heaters. When your water heater will continue heating water after reaching the set temperature, there is a possibility of an explosion due to the built-up pressure.
This can be prevented with the use of the temperature and pressure relief valve as it eliminates excess heat and pressure and keeps your appliance to operate safely.
Inspecting the Valve
- First, lift the partway of the valve and snap it back into place
- Then, a bubbling sound will be heard when the temperature and pressure valve drains some water
- If the T and P valve did not do anything, perhaps it is time to get a replacement
c) Flush the Tank
In order to avoid mineral sediment deposits to build up, you need to flush the tank of the water heater annually. Just turn off the power, gas, and water supply before doing anything.
You also have to open the pressure release valve and hot water tap first. Then, drain the water from the tank using a bucket and hose until there are no more sediments.
The tank needs to be emptied when you notice a lot of sediments. Then, you have to turn the cold water supply to the tank and enable water to go through it until it is clear.
Continue this until there are no more sediments left.
d) Wrap Your Unit with an Insulating Blanket
You can lower the use of energy if you reduce the amount of heat loss by wrapping your portable electric water heater with an insulating blanket. Moreover, it can add more life to your appliance.